OUR UNIQUE CONCEPT
Launched in 2012, Family Piknik concept have seduced a large and eclectic audience, bigger and bigger year on year. The key is to mix the Underground state of mind with a very friendly atmosphere for families. Created by Christophe Gimenez (aka Tom Pooks) and his team, Family Piknik clearly offers something different during the summer, with the best Underground DJ's performing from early hours in the morning to midnight, in the heart of Montpellier, one of the historic best cities for electronic music in France. Under the trees, be part of a stunning sunny day and bring your food to enjoy the music. With thousands of attendees from all around Europe, expect your sunday to be different !
Since our 1st edition, we've booked some of the best international underground DJ's : Carl Cox, Sven Väth, Richie Hawtin, Solomun, Marco Carola, Boris Brejcha, Luciano, Maceo Plex, ARTBAT, Sasha b2b John Digweed, Adam Beyer, Black Coffee, Hot Since 82, Damian Lazarus, Monolink, Mind Against, Loco Dice, Joseph Capriati, Joris Voorn, Enrico Sangiuliano, Kittin, Gui Boratto, Stephan Bodzin, Hernan Cattaneo, Marc Romboy, Âme, The Martinez Brothers, Booka Shade, Jamie Jones, Josh Wink, Dubfire, ANNA, Adriatique, Michael Mayer, Dave Seaman, Guy J, Pig&Dan, Purple Disco Machine, Agoria, Lee van Dowski, Matthias Tanzmann, Max Cooper, Matador, Coyu, Nastia, Rodriguez Jr., Davide Squillace, Nakadia, Möd3rn, etc...
HOW TO COME ?
FAMILY PIKNIK takes place in Montpellier area (south of France). It's 2 hours drive from Lyon and only 3h drive from Barcelona (Spain). Our 2022 events are split in 3 locations : Lunel (15 minutes east from Montpellier), Frontignan (15 minutes west from Montpellier) and Béziers (45 minutes from Montpellier in direction of Spain).
• Motorway (A9)
• Free parking availlable.
You can travel from Montpellier center town to Montpellier Airport very easily through Tramway. More infos here.
FROM TRAIN STATION
Montpellier Saint-Roch & Montpellier Sud de France train stations are connected to our 2022 event locations through local railways (easy, cheap and fast). More infos here
Our 2022 venues
• Arènes de Lunel : futuristic arenas located 15 minutes away from Montpellier - view the map here
• Frontignan : huge park with old trees and natural shadow. Mediterranean sea and beaches are 5 min away from the dancefloor - view the map here
• Arènes de Béziers : watch the aftermovie here to get an idea.
Allowed : Cooler, Beach Umbrella, camping gear (tables/chairs), water atomizer (only if unboxed).
Forbidden : metal forks & knifes, all kind of liquids (except for water bottles if you come with children).
• Food available on site (pizzas, food trucks, sandwiches...)
• Free games & animations for children only on weekend 02 (August 13 & 14th in Frontignan). Kid zone closes at 8pm, no kids allowed after this.
• Doors open from 11am.
• Doors close at midnight, except for Weekend 2 in Frontignan (1am) and Closing in Béziers (2 am).